Monday, January 30, 2012

Progress?

Once again I have fallen behind on the updating this blog, sigh it's much harder than it should be. Well anyway I spend the last few days working on my bike, some of this has been successful and some.... not so much.
At last the battery problem has been sorted!!!! I ended up taking it to a mechanic and had them charge and check it. They said it was A-okay, so ready for disappointment I took it home connected it, turned the key and THERE WAS LIGHT!!
However this brought into light the next, and current problem, the starter still wouldn't turn over. I've spend the last few hours with a multimeter checking for voltage, and with the help of my loving parents, narrowed down the issue to. 1) The solenoid is not working, this now appears to be the least likely option. 2) The starting motor is dead, the more likely and more expensive option.
The issue is I have no real way of checking which one it is. So a call to my grandfather, will be needed, he builds and races single seater racing cars.
On a happier and more photographic note, at last I got paint stripper that works!!! yay!!
 Here you have a glimpse of pre good paint stripper tank.
 And a side view of the gas (petrol in case my grandpa ever reads this) tank
 The new paint stripper has been applied
 Its wonders already visible, it literally bubbles the paint right off


 And ready to be removed!! how exciting, well more exciting than watching paint dry at least.
ps. I won the auction, and it arrived, now I can have a working front brake!
pps. I also won a second auction that arrived, but i haven't gotten round to photographing it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment