Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Sam, the Champoin of Ebay

Two days in a row?? Yes, basically I'm amazing! Anyway this is just a quick update, after speaking with the "Wise Man of the North" my grandpa, I discovered I had tested the starter incorrectly. Armed with this information I was able to test the starter and discover.... it is broken. But at least I know now.
How did one such, smart, young, and attractive lad as you test something wrong? I hear you say, well I'll tell you.
To bypass the solenoid, you have to hook the positive battery cable to the connect point on the starter, and touch the negative to any where on the starter's case. When I originally tested it I did not touch it with the negative, and therefor nothing happened. However this time when I tested it, sparks flew everywhere, smoke billowed from the wire, and the starter, well it still didn't start.
So I ordered a new, one from Ebay, thus making me the Champion of Ebay!
Hopefully it'll arrive quickly and the solenoid will work and the battle of the electrics will have been won.

No comments:

Post a Comment